(I was DO7PRM until September 2017.I added one dot ;-)
QTH: Hangelar nr Bonn
Rig and Ant at home:
FT817 and KungFuTenna (chaotic dipol similar to a rombus-antenna)
Activity and interests:
· Manly Shortwave in SSB. I did some PSK but have no interface at the moment.
· I am learning CW, pse qrs. My sqeezepaddle is homebrewn out of a railwayrelais and the keyerelectronic was a kit.
· On the air with max. 4 Watt (QRP)
· WSPR: You can read my Signals may be. The output is 10mW only! The energy of one transmission is about the energy it takes to pick up one bar of chocolate and put it on the table. I use WSPR to check my chances in CW or SSB. The 10dBm WSPR-Signal is compareable to 4W in CW. I get an impression of the directivity of my antenna.
· Portable and solar powered
· World Castle Award as activator and member of the cotagroup COTA
· Homebrewing and modding of equipment (Examples: MorseSqueezePaddle, Lima-SDR, Vox, Pegelgenerator by DL2EWN, QRP-PA by DL2EWN (not ready), Mirakulix-Antenna (Coil of 2x40m aluwire, diameter abt. 3cm) in MitDemWwasManHat-Style
· Red Pitaya as Vector Network Analyzer
· Raspberry Pie
· SDR and digimodes
· Simulation (have a look at everycircuit.com, partsim or mmana)
· Contests and fielddays
· Ham radio from other countries
QSL via eQSL.cc is preferred, but bureau is ok too.